Focus of SCCS Computer Education Program
The focus of our computer education program at St. Croix Catholic School is to provide students with the technological skills that will help them work responsibly and productively, as individuals and members of a group. SCCS computer curriculum progresses from physical manipulation skills to the development of logical and informational skills necessary in the professional working world. The specific skills they learn will be applicable to future education and eventually to work opportunities. Students experience and demonstrate competencies in meeting the National Education Standards. We work with the students and parents to ensure that technology is a positive tool in the lives of young people. SCCS approaches the use of technology from a moral base consistent with Catholic teachings.
Our goals for SCCS Middle School graduates:
1. Achieve all National Education Standards;
2. Develop specific computer skills that will be needed in future education and work opportunities;
3. Recognize when technology could be utilized to communicate, accomplish tasks, etc.;
4. Gain confidence needed to use computers in an efficient and productive manner; and
5. Personally choose to use technology in a moral and productive manner.