10 Ways to Participate in Pope Francis' U.S. Visit
1. Take part in a "Virtual Pilgrimage" with these prayers as the Holy Father makes his way to more than a dozen different locations in Washington, DC, New York City, and Philadelphia.
2. Learn more about the places Pope Francis will visit by following his journey on this interactive map.
3. Become "Pope Francis literate" by reading his two encyclical letters: Lumen Fidei. . . and Laudato Si.
4. Stay up-to-date and read insightful commentary by connecting with the only news source founded and supported by the US Bishops, Catholic News Service.
5. Have a Papal Visit Watch Party! All events will be live streamed in English with audio commentary here. Select events will also be available for video on demand here.
6. Take your faith and the latest papal visit news with you on the go by downloading the Catholic Church app for IOS at the iTunes store . . . or for Android devices on Google Play. . .
7. Respond to Pope Francis's call to enounter by reaching out to those in need, supporting parish or community charitable efforts, acting to promote life, human dignity, families and religious freedom, and by caring for creation. Find ideas here.
8. Invite a non-Catholic or non-practicing Catholic friend to Mass next weekend so they can experience the joy of the Gospel!
9. Engage in social media: use our hash tags #PopeinUS and #PapaEnUSA. Don't forget to use some Pope emojis!
10. Support the many people working to make Pope Francis' historic US visit a success by praying for them to the Blessed Virgin under her title Mary, Undoer of Knots. . . (a favorite of Pope Francis). Include in your intentions: Vatican staff, The US Secret Service, the US Bishops, their staff and volunteers, the World Meeting of Families committee and volunteers, and the three host archdioceses and host cities.