READ LIKE A CHAMPION!
February is I Love to Read Month
SCCS has a number of activities lined up to promote reading during February. Our theme, in conjunction with the Olympics, is Read Like a Champion!
Most activities will be during school hours such as:
- Book Bingo (Thursday mornings)
- Stop, Drop and Read Day (February 27)
- Name That Book Contest (Guess the book from a display of illustrations.)
- Classroom Door Decorating
- Read and Feed Day
- Stillwater Librarian Visit
- Sports Jersey Day - February 9 - wear a jersey or shirt that represents a favorite sports team.
One special activity takes place after school hours:
Get Caught Reading by a Mystery Caller -
- Tuesday, February 6
- Thursday, February 15
- Tuesday, February 20
- Thursday, February 22
Between 7:00 and 7:30 pm a Mystery Caller from the school will randomly call SCCS family homes to try to catch students reading. Students who are caught will be announced the following morning and will be able to pick out a book to keep.
Be sure to check out the Teacher's Favorite Book/Photo Bulletin Board at the entrance to the Primary hallway. Photos of teachers and staff from their school days are posted with the names of their favorite childhood books. Can you guess who each picture is? The kids are having great fun guessing.